Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sassy-Aspie-Mom/117289368463117?ref=hl

Monday, April 15, 2013

Unspeakable tragedy


My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected in Boston and around the country tonight. My heart aches for the parents of the 8 year-old boy who died today, and for those parents sitting by their children's hospital bed tonight dealing with unspeakable circumstances. I  pray for those Moms and Dads who won't be home tonight to tuck their children into bed because of some monster/monsters who committed such a horrific act.

I found out about the bombing today a few minutes before I left to pick up the boys from school. I suddenly felt numb and the events of  9/11 came rushing back to me. After we arrived home, the boys went outside to play, so I turned on the news. Hunter walked in and asked me what was going on, so I tried to explain it to him as simply as possible. I also tried to tell Grant, but struggled with how much to tell him. He is only 7!! It seems so unfair to have to tell my boys about something so senseless!!

A little later, Hunter came to me and said, "You know Mom, the person who did this must be a genius. I know he is evil, but he has to be really smart to plan something like this."

Grant said, "Why were the people running in the middle of the street towards the bomb?" I quickly realized he didn't know what a marathon was, so I explained that they were running towards the finish line, not the bomb.

I don't know what the kids were thinking as they laid their heads on their pillows tonight. I know I feel a deep sorrow in my heart. Sorrow for the immense pain our country is experiencing tonight and will experience for weeks and years to come. I grieve for our country that will no longer embrace my children with a of a feeling of safety and security.



No comments:

Post a Comment