Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sassy-Aspie-Mom/117289368463117?ref=hl

Friday, March 22, 2013

A New Journey

Sometimes in life you know that the bad things in your life are leading you to something greater. That is the reason I have started my "Sassy Aspie Mom" blog. The past year has brought many changes for my family. Yes, I said the dreaded word for an Aspie mom "changes." My hubby lost his job unexpectedly on March 16th, 2013. Within 7 weeks, he had accepted a job in Texas. Suddenly,  we were putting a " for sale" sign in the yard of our home in Indiana. My 11 year-old son with Aspergers Syndrome had lived in that house since he was a year old. My husband and I made a quick trip to Texas to purchase a new home in 3 days. Three weeks later, after many trips to Goodwill and a lot of packing, we were beginning our new journey.

Moving 14 hours away from my friends and family has put a real perspective on my life. What I have learned after many hours of soul searching is that being a thirty-something mother of a child with Aspergers Syndrome can send you to the depths of hell some moments and make you so proud others. Some days can leave you speechless with sorrow and some lauging in astonishment. It can make you lose sight of who you are and where you are heading in this amazing life you were given.  I hope that along with my humble insight into my journey, I will help so many of you who are just starting your journey or trudging along like me.

They say it takes a village to raise a child. I believe that to be especially true when raising a child on the spectrum. I hope to make this blog a wonderful village of "Sassy Aspy Moms" ready to take on the world of raising a child on the spectrum. I also hope to help all of us take our lives back so we can have the energy to do just that!





No comments:

Post a Comment