Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sassy-Aspie-Mom/117289368463117?ref=hl

Friday, May 3, 2013

The gift of family





Well, I haven't written this week because I have been doing some catching up. We were out of town for a family wedding last weekend. Laundry is now completed; the kid's homework is caught up and now back to normal (whatever that is)!!

As I said, we were at a family wedding. My cousin, who is more like a brother to me, married "the one". I have no doubt about it! He took his time and waited, and she is perfect! They are so happy together. My happy tears were flowing all weekend, and oh how I needed them!

My family has a unique dynamic. My dad was one of eight kids and there are a lot of grand kids and great grand kids. Most of us grew up just a few blocks away from each other. I am an only child, but I was never alone. I had my aunts, uncles and cousins and we were always there for each other. We have all been through highs and lows together. We have experienced marriage, divorce, miscarriages, childbirth, illness, death, and through it all, the love we all share never waivers.

Through Hunter's diagnosis, my family has stood strong for us. They have sympathized, encouraged, supported, and most of all loved. Love that is beyond a blessing! There is never judgment. There is an unspoken understanding between us. I can be having a horrible day, and my aunt will suddenly send me a text message saying she loves me or how proud she is of me. I can be at the end of my rope, and one of my cousins will call and say, "just thinking about you!"

Every single day, I am thankful for the love I feel from these wonderful people who have watched me grow, grown with me, and loved me always!  They know me better than anyone else, and there is an amazing comfort in knowing that no matter where I go, no matter what I do, I am loved! My boys feel this love too, but one day, they will understand how blessed we are by this amazing gift of family!


No comments:

Post a Comment