Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sassy-Aspie-Mom/117289368463117?ref=hl

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Come on Aspergers...bring it!



Raising a child with special needs has many challenges. There are day to day situations and long-term worries that keep many of us up at night. We moved over a year ago, and I have struggled to find my way. I have been blessed with many loving and sweet people since our move. Friends have opened their hearts to me. The problem is that no matter what, being a stay-at-home mom of an Aspergers child is a lonely place.

I have not written for a while because I needed to regroup. Two weeks ago, during our psychologist visit, I received some pretty tough news. It wasn't devastating, but it was one more challenge our family will have to face. I wanted to cry all the way home, but I didn't. I wanted to pick up the phone and call a friend, but I didn't because this was news you just can't share. Instead, I filled my day with useless TV chatter and listened to the kids play until my husband got home, and I could finally unload! While my friends are talking about wonderful things happening in their lives like new cars, new dogs, new houses, their kids scholarships and crowning achievements, I sit in loneliness and worry. "This too shall pass." I know this to be true and believe it. We have hit roadblocks before and we have knocked them down. I know that I have been truly blessed with an amazing family and I am so fortunate in so many ways! Sometimes dealing with this Aspergers thing is just too big of a pill to swallow.

Now for some good news!! I have now put on my big girl panties once again, and I'm ready to do this thing!! Come on Aspergers...bring it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment