Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sassy-Aspie-Mom/117289368463117?ref=hl

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fourth of July Weekend




Last Thursday was obviously a foreshadowing of things to come for the long holiday weekend. It started by Grant saying, "Hey Mom, I want to show you something." He said it calmly, as if it was a cool bug or flower or weed. Instead, he pointed towards the second level of the house to reveal a very broken window. He swore up and down that he and Hunter just noticed it (the day before) and that neither one of them knew anything about it. I have to say that neither one of them looked too guilty or had those peculiar (yes, I am telling a lie) looks on their faces, so maybe they were telling the truth...maybe!

Apparently, broken windows are the same as broken mirrors for the whole bad luck thing because there was lots of bad luck to follow. I started with a swollen bloodshot eye that was itching like crazy. And here we go...

On the afternoon of the Fourth of July, we went to see "Despicable Me". It was a great movie! We all really enjoyed it. We decided to go straight from the movie to dinner and then fireworks. Well, we didn't quite make it to dinner because we took a wrong turn and suddenly found a police vehicle, with flashing lights, in our rear view mirror. Oh yes, nothing like flashing lights and a speeding ticket for going 44 in a 30 to get my hubby in the holiday spirit. Thirty minutes later (and one really rude police officer later) we decided we were going to have to skip dinner if we were going to make it to the fireworks show.

We made it to the show. The fireworks were great! By the time they were over, we were all starving. The movie popcorn had worn off. We were all ready for a nice dinner (at 10:30 p.m.). Well, make that 11:00 because the traffic wasn't moving. Oh no, make that 11:30 because the traffic which was all going out the one (and only) exit to the park was finally starting to trickle out. Then, Hunter had to go to the bathroom. So began the constant explanation of how badly he needed to go. There were no bathrooms nearby, so he just had to hold it, but that did not stop the constant, "I have to go. I really have to go!" Both boys were in the backseat of the car, and they were bored, so the bickering began combined with the bathroom remarks. Just about the time I thought my head was going to explode right off my shoulders, we were out of the parking lot and heading to the nearest Applebees. We finally got home after midnight.

After our exciting Fourth of July, I was ready for a relaxing weekend. Haha, fast forward to Saturday evening when I had an even more fun allergic reaction to something I was eating for dinner. No kidding, I looked like Will Smith in the movie "Hitch". After a couple of Benadryl, mixed with a beer (don't try this at home kids), I found myself playing Apples to Apples with my husband and kiddos. All of the words on the cards were suddenly double and my hubby had a sort of halo over the top of his head (he's no angel), so I decided to call it a day.

Thankfully, Sunday was much more uneventful. We hung out, Barbeq
ued ribs and corn, played games in the backyard, danced to music, and had a nice family day. Well, it was also mixed with the arguing of children, a splinter, and a few scratches and bug bites, but overall, a great ending to a not-so-great holiday weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment